Saturday, November 20, 2010

Marathon Training is officially here!

Today was my first long run in my training for the Shamrock Marathon on March 20, 2011. Today the long run was 5 miles. This is the longest I have ran since the Philly Half Marathon. I felt pretty strong, but I have to admit that my legs are a little sore. I need to get my running legs back!




The training plan I am following is an 18-week plan that has me running 4 days a week (and swimming twice a week, and biking twice a week). Two short runs during the week, 1 speed work out, and then a long run on the weekend. The long runs add miles every weekend with the longest weekend run being 20 miles. March seems far away but I think it will be here before I know it! Here are the first 5 weeks of the training plan (not including biking or swimming):





The only annoying part about training in the winter for an early spring marathon (besides running in the freezing cold) is that I have a 7 mile run on Christmas weekend, 12 miles on New Years, and 15 miles on my BIRTHDAY. Happy 25th birthday to me!

Tomorrow is my first bike time trial- basically like a 20 mile bike race- but you are racing against yourself. Then, you do it again in a month or so and see how much faster you have gotten. I'll let you know how it goes :) Have a great Saturday evening! (I know I will- Phil is taking me out for Lebanese food! mmmmm)

No comments:

Post a Comment