Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I woke up for track practice!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, I am very proud to say that I woke up at 5:30 this morning and hauled my butt to a nearby high school track for Team Z track practice. Go me!

I am really loving the 2 track practices I have been to so far. I have been coached on my running stride and form and it has made such a difference! For example, today I was told to run 4 laps around the track going at an easy jog pace and time myself- my pace was a 9:40 minute mile. The coach then gave me some tips regarding my posture, leg cadence (how quickly your legs turn over when running), and breathing technique and told me run the same 4 laps at the same effort and time myself. My pace dropped to an 8:20 minute mile! Felt pretty awesome considering that is the fastest pace I have ever been able to sustain.

Also- swim practice was canceled tomorrow morning due to a ruptured pipe at the pool. See email below (so you know I am not lying!)

*****
Folks,

I am sorry to report that the Marymount pool will also be closed tomorrow. They had a pipe burst and are trying their best to repair it as soon as possible.

PLEASE do not take this as an opportunity to skip your swim workouts. Check out local pools, coordinate with other Zrs, and get the workouts in.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

z
****

Yay for not having to wake up at 4:45 tomorrow! woop woop!

No comments:

Post a Comment