Friday, December 30, 2011

See ya 2011! Hello 2012!

I can say, that without a doubt, 2011 has been the best year of my almost 26 years on this earth.
It started out a little rocky with an ankle injury that prevented me from running my first marathon. The tri season also started out on a low note with getting a bloody nose and crashing my bike during my first Olympic distance triathlon. From there, there was only one way to go: up.

I had 2 huge goals in 2011: Get accepted into a physical therapy program (not many people even knew I was applying!), and cross the finish line of Ironman Cozumel. Both of which had the potential to not go the way I had hoped.
On September 27th, I got the letter stating I had been accepted via early decision to my first choice PT school. Phil got a job offer the same day, and we quickly made arrangements to to move to Denver.

Despite the stress of having to move in two weeks, I was able to some-what keep up with my Ironman training. I missed a few big workouts and I was nervous going into the race that perhaps I tried to take on too many tasks in 2011 and something would have to give.

Fortunately for me, November 27th went off without a hitch. With my family and friends right by my side, I crossed the finish line with the worlds biggest smile.


In 2011 I became an Ironman and a future Doctor of Physical Therapy. It wasn't an easy year- balancing applying to schools, taking prerequisite classes, having a full time job, and training for an Ironman- but it was damn rewarding. I learned the strength of myself, my friendships and my relationship. I couldn't have asked for a better year.

With a whole new city to explore, more friends to make, and several new adventures, I can only imagine that 2012 is going to be just as great, if not better, than 2011.

Happy new year, everyone!


7 comments:

  1. You had a huge year. Like, HUGE. Congrats on everything, it was so fun to be a part of it. They have burritos in Colorado, right?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post Lauren - so happy for you that you achieved everything you worked so hard for in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! You had a tremendous year! I can't wait to hear about your adventures in COlorado!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a kickass year for you!!! Cant wait to see what 2012 has in store!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. um, your year was kind of ridiculous, actually. wowza. happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! Hope to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my... 2011 came with lots of great things and 2012 is going to be even better! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete