Friday, June 10, 2011

Random Friday Facts: Happy Things!

It's no secret that I have been a little..ok maybe more than a little...nervous this week in anticipation for my first 70.3 race this Sunday. Despite being a bundle of nerves, not feeling well, and trying to prepare for this weekend there have been several things this week that have made me smile and laugh.

  1. On Tuesday evening I saw Emily at the Conte's group ride and she talked to me about all of my fears going into this weekend and then gave me a huge good-luck hug.
  2. Phil told me how proud he is of me, no matter what my time may be this weekend.
  3. I woke up this morning for the first time all week without a stuffy nose/headache.
  4. When I told the twitter world I was nervous about this weekend, I got a flood of support:
  5. My parents have told me several times how excited and proud they are.
  6. My mom brushed up on her triathlon knowledge and not only knows the distances of this weekend but knows which pros are racing and what Ironman competition(s) they won.
  7. I had dinner with my good friend Kate last night. Kate has been my triathlon advice giver since the very beginning of this journey and I am so excited that she will be there this weekend. I'm not sure where I would be without her- not registered for a full Ironman, that's for sure! ;)
  8. Ive gotten several sweet texts, emails and wall posts from friends.
  9. I ran last night and my legs felt awesome. (Except it was hot as hell and I lost 1.8 lbs during a 30 minute run!)
  10. My good friend and co-worker Lindsay brought in bagels this morning and sent an email to several people in the office telling them to come grab a bagel and wish me luck.

Thank you so much to everyone who has been so supportive. I'll do my best to make you proud :) Here goes nothin'!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! You're going to kick some serious ass. Is Phil racing? Can he tweet updates from the race?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are mentally ready to rock it! Its just the physical part now :)

    There is a WICKED Pro field at this race. Not sure what time your swim start is, but try to see them start. It is both humbling and amazing. Watching them exit the water is really cool as well.

    Update this post with tracking info so people can stalk you! (unless you are doing one last post before the race)

    Tell em to go to http://ironmanlive.com or http://ironman.com/ on race day and have em type in your last name into the tracker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so ready for this and will have a blast out there on the course!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to rock this. We are all with you. Sometimes when it is hard, I imagine all the people supporting me as if they are there with me to get me through these miles. Hope this helps!! Good luck and if it is not great, don't worry you are still a superstar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you!! Have a great time at your 70.3. You are going to rock it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on Sunday!! I feel pretty confident that you are going to have an amazing race. Can't wait to hear all about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to kill it. I think you'll find that you are better prepared than you know. Can't wait to track you and then hear all about it after :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am giving you a good luck hug. Do you need anything? You are going to crush this baby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!!!! You are going to do awesome! Remember to have fun, smile a lot, and can't wait to hear how it goes!!!!

    ReplyDelete