Tuesday, November 15, 2011

How to Track me During Ironman!

On Sunday, November 27th, while you are all still in your post-Thanksgiving food coma, I will be exploring the island of Cozumel for many, many hours. If you would like to cheer me on from the comfort of your own home, with beer in hand, there are several ways you can do that.

  1. You can follow me on Twitter for real-time updates on where I am on the course. Not only will automatic messages be coming through to my Twitter account with my times/pace/location, but my big sister will be taking over my account and sending tweets when she sees me on the course. This will most likely be the most entertaining way to track me especially as time goes on because my sister plans to be partaking in margaritas throughout the day and the tweets could become quite ridiculous. This is also a good way to track Phil, too!
  2. You can join this Google group to get real-time updates emailed to you through out the day. The emails will say something like "IM Cozumel Update: Lauren just finished the swim with a time of 1:19:32" or "IM Cozumel Update: Phil just finished the race in 12:02:03" or something like that. With this option you are not glued to your couch pressing refresh on the Ironman site- especially if you have a smart phone where you get your email!  Updates will be sent for Phil as well.
  3. Lastly, you can use the Ironman Live site and enter in my bib number (137!) or my last name (Riley) and see my splits. With this option though, there is the risk that the site will crash or be super late in putting up my splits. You can also utilize this option for the live video stream to watch me actually cross the finish line if you decide to stay up past your bed time. I promise my finish line dance will make you laugh. To track Phil on this site, his bib number is 195.
I know the race is still almost 2 weeks away, but I leave early next week. Don't worry, I'm sure I will remind you of how to track me next week so it is fresh in your mind :)

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm saving this post so I can stalk you from my couch. You can burn off my thanksgiving calories for me. Its PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I signed up for your google group! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be stalking you all day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You betcha I will be stalking you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doing all three. Duh. It'll keep me entertained on my stupid long drive back from Georgia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I track you all 3 ways, to make sure I don't miss anything? Okgood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to be tracking your little pink butt off! go get it!

    ReplyDelete