Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Triathlon: a team sport

Sorry it has been almost a week since I have updated! I haven't been training much...I spent the weekend in NYC with my best girlfriends and stayed up way too late, ate way too much, and drank beer. It was not a healthy weekend, but it was fun and I needed some girl time.

Last night I went to an information session for Team Z- a triathlon training group based out of Arlington. Basically they make the sport of triathlon into a team thing. They train together, compete in most of the same races, support each other and tailgate. Emphasis on tailgate. They bring grills and tents to the races and provide beer and burgers for the family and friends of racers as well as for the racers when they cross the finish line. SWEET.

They offer several group workouts a week as well as a long group run on Saturday and long group ride on Sunday. They have athletes that range from Ironman world champions, to those who did not even own a pair of running shoes when they started. The group slogan is " a social organization with a major triathlon problem". Sounds like my type of group!

Kickoff is this Saturday, so I will keep you posted on how it goes!  

No comments:

Post a Comment