Friday, December 3, 2010

Phil's Marine Corps Marathon Race Report

Marine Corps Marathon


October 31st 2010

Goals:

4:00 - Have to achieve this regardless of loss of life and/or any limbs

3:30 - My actual goal. Based on training, this is achievable



At 8:00am the gun goes off and 26.2 miles to go. There is really not

much to say as far as my race report. The first 24 miles felt great.

The last two miles really sucked. I ran\walked the last two miles

with around 30 seconds of walking each mile. My legs were heavy and

screaming in pain. I sprinted in the last 200 yards after seeing my

girlfriend dressed as wonder woman and to meet my requirement to pass

the 3:30 pace guy. Check mark for a life goal.



Time 3:29:01



Conclusion: The marathon was fun, but I am not in any real hurry to

sign up for my next one.
 
 
Note from Lauren:
 
Phil really listened when we told him his last report was a novel :) He may not be in a hurry to sign up for another marathon...but he did sign up for Ironman Cozumel with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment