Saturday, February 5, 2011

Running 20 miles makes me hungry!

Holy crap. My little legs ran 20 miles this morning. 2-0.

I prepped for this run like I would any other long run but after last weekend's failed 18 mile run, I was a little nervous. I'm lying- I was alot nervous.

I did have new tights to try out though which I was super excited about! I had ordered the CW-X stabilyx tights after doing alot of research on running and recovering while wearing compression tights. The reviews for these tights were extremely positive so I figured I would give it a shot.

The CW-X has this to say about the tights:

The Stabilyx tights provide optimum targeted support to the core and knees. They’re ideal for activities with lateral motion such as skiing and snowboarding and for athletes seeking our best form of knee support. The patented Support Web bands together the muscles and ligaments of the lower leg to stabilize the knee and reduce vibration for increased efficiency. The Support Web also harnesses the midsection, supporting the lower abdominals, hips and back to channel power through the core. Variable compression facilitates circulation during and after activity, minimizing lactic acid build-up so that you can be active longer and recover faster.


The tights did not disappoint. I had absolutely no knee or hip pain. They are meant to fit very tightly so they took a little work to get on (you have to pull them up like pantyhose...get them to your knees first and then work them the rest of the way up) and get situated but I loved the compression feeling. I think the "support web" that goes around your knees and up your IT band is wonderful. It kept everything in line. I highly recommend these. (CW-X did not pay me to write this or pay for me to try their expensive tights).

Whitney and I hoofed it from my place in Crystal City down the Mount Vernon trail, through Georgetown, up Rock Creek Park pas the National Zoo. We ran through the zoo in hopes to see some animals, but it was a no go. Did I mention it was raining all morning? We did 20 miles in the rain. When I asked Whitney yesterday if we should run even if it was raining she said "Well it could be raining the day of the marathon". She is so smart.

So with sopping wet feet we finished 20 miles in 3 hours and 13 minutes! Only 1 more "longest run of my life" before the marathon!

woo! 20 miles! Brizzy was excited as well.


After stretching and icing, I needed food. I burned over 2000 calories during that run! I ate a half of a bagel before Phil and I went out to get some serious grub.


Rocklands BBQ! I got the rib platter...2 pork ribs, 1 beef rib, mac 'n' cheese and mashed potatoes. I couldn't finish it all, but I was damn close to licking the plate clean. Hey, I was hungry :)

Now I am hanging out on the couch, thinking about taking a nap. Brizzy is already napping on Phil while he plays video games. Look at that little pug butt.


have a great Saturday! :)

2 comments:

  1. I loooooooooove cw-x tights, i have those exact ones! congrats on a great 20 miler!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to have to splurge and get some. I work my nike tights this weekend and was reminded that they are too big for me. yes, I had to tug them up repeatedly. Urg. At least my UAs fit...and WARMTH is coming!

    Nice run! 20 miles is no joke! :)

    ReplyDelete