Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Makin' Lemonade

I love recovery weeks! After last weekend's race I am very happy to see "40 minute easy run" or "40 minute easy spin" on my training schedule.

Team Z offers a Yoga for Triathletes class during recovery weeks and this morning I decided to go and give my body a nice stretch. I really needed it!

When I arrived there were several other teammates waiting outside of this little tiny community center with yoga mats (I didnt bring a yoga mat!) waiting for the instructor. After 15 minutes of chatting we realized the instructor was still not there...so we took our lemons and made lemonade! A teammate who is studying to be a yoga instructor lead us to the grassy area infront of the building (since we didnt have keys to get into the building!) and began leading the practice. I was impressed! I was also getting muddy hands and feet since I didnt have a mat (I love getting muddy...not).

A few minutes into downward facing dog the instructor showed up and lead the rest of the class (she lost power last night and her alarm got turned off! I hate it when that happens). Since we started outside, we finished outside.

People at the bus stop were very ammused by 30 triathletes all bent over on the front lawn at 6:30 am.


Loved the class, loved the instructor (and the make shift instructor who got the class going!) and I look forward to the next session!

Except let me note that this was not an easy smeasy yoga class....at one point while holding some crazy pose I said "I thought this was recovery week!"

6 comments:

  1. Yoga is the best! It can be SO hard, but I always leave feeling refreshed and stretchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to go to Team Zs yoga class but never get around to it - glad you had fun, I will have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A yoga class outside sounds great! I have only done yoga a few times but I enjoyed it. There are many poses that are seemingly impossible to me.

    ReplyDelete